- I know my 35th birthday was 7 days ago
- I know in my head I'm still 24 years old or so
- I know that had I known that Dan was going to work the day after my birthday, I wouldn't have thrown a party, I had so many dishes to wash after...
- I know that as much as some family members drive me nuts, I am really fortunate to be surrounded by so many loving people
- my birthday is the 5th of June, World Environment Day. To me this is very important, every year it is a reminder to do a check of what I'm doing environmentally and what I could be improving on. I know I'm not as green as I'd like to be, but I'm getting there, and I'm definitely greener than many people I know
- I know most people didn't take me seriously when I sent this message with the bday invite:
This has been a year of clarity for me, of a deeper understanding of life. And wanting to reconnect with people and gain a greater understanding of my friends and family.
It has also been a year of de-cluttering, of letting go of the past and keeping what's important for the future.
In this spirit, I had a thought about presents. I already have all that I need in my life, and though a present is always extremely appreciated, how about instead of buying something you think I might like, you give me something that tells me more about YOU?
Is there something I should know about you to get to know you better? A song, a book, a poem, an object, a flower? Whatever you can think of that made you the person you are, or something you love, or something that inspires you, or something that had a great impact in your life. I would be extremely grateful if you could share a bit of you so I can get to know you better.
- I know 3 really special people did take me seriously, and I really thank them dearly for it
- I know that we are fortunate, because we have so much: by Western standards, we are probably just "comfortable"; by Rest of the World standards, we are extremely rich. I know that when the kids are old enough to understand, I am going to make sure they see poverty and understand just how lucky they are to have been born in this country in this time in this family
- I know it'll sound cheesy if you don't have kids, but truly the best bday present I received was waking up near my kids and being hugged and being told "happy birthday Mama" and "I love you thiiiiis much!"
- I know I've been a bit depressed. This too shall pass
and the last thing I know this week...
- this is what happens if I give Sofia access to the first aid kit: she covers her brother in bandaids...
Playing along with the lovely Shae from Yay For Home