So I decided this: I'm going to write a few posts just for the sake of it, just to get back in the habit of writing (almost) daily. Like I used to when I had time and a journal.
So today I'm going to start writing about things I love.
One of them is Ikea.
This is why I love Ikea:
- imaginative play and little world and so many interesting things to look at and explore for the kids
- the Ikea restaurant actually has food my kids will eat, not just junk!
- the Ikea restaurant has a play area so I can finish my meal without having to chase the kids around!
- all of the pieces of furniture I have bought so far make the house look better. Here's a before and after:
|you have to look behind |
the kid striking a silly pose
|still working on it, but so far the Expedit |
pigeonholes have been a success,
with all family members tidying up their own things
- I LOVE assembling furniture, I really mean it: except for the big bookcases in the lounge (at 2 metres tall I needed D's help to lift them up etc), anything in the house that required assembly has been put together by me alone, including our queen size bed which I assembled when 6 months pregnant with S. Yes, I am crazy about it...
- the kids can help assemble the furniture, nothing better than promoting a sense of "I can do it myself" (ok I know, there's a proper word for it, I have a toddler calling out for me and have to rush this post...)
- and finally, oh so many uses for the packaging!
|big drawings on the big paper|
|oh look, a frog jumping on lilypads|
|free-range painting on the top of the big box|
|a train for the toys with the bottom of the big box|
(now cut up in smaller pieces for general art & craft)
|and the un-recyclable polystyrene is now our Poking Board:|
lots and lots of toothpicks to poke in, we even poked
some holes with pencils but the little toothpicks get in more easily
and feel more satisfying!