So this week the things I know are just a couple of observations about siblings and birth order:
- if you make it alive through childhood with an older, rougher sibling, you can pretty much survive anything
- all the annoying habits of the firstborn are even more annoying when the younger sibling copies them
- 2nd borns appear to learn words like "no" and "mine" and "tv" much earlier than 1st borns
- this post got interrupted twice to break up fights
But there are also beautiful moments, and these by far outnumber the bad moments:
- Lucas caressing Sofia's head saying "k-vess"
- Sofia singing "Ba-ba black sheep" for Lucas when he's upset
- sharing biscuits and passing bottles of milk to each other
- Sofia helping Lucas put dress-ups on
- hearing Sofia say "oh thank you Lucas" and "it's okay sweetie"
- Lucas calling out for her as soon as he wakes up in the morning
- it's fun having a sibling to do stuff with and play with and take crazy photos with...
But some days the only thing you can do for peace is put both kids on your lap and put good ol' YouTube on
Hop over at Shae's to see what everyone else knows this week :)