Thankfully, because we don't have any set commitment (like kinder...), we can afford to go to events or be flexible with our catch ups or plan based on weather (I usually check weatherzone on Mondays and plan the week ahead accordingly).
In a way we are homeschooling, since I am taking charge of their education and their learning.
So this is what we did in the past fortnight:
- went to the library
- visited my cousin at her new house (note to self: when planning to drive to the other side of town, make sure there are no footy matches or the Mel Flower and Garden Show to make traffic a nightmare...)
- went to the Templestowe Village Festival
|near the pet shop stall|
- went to Little Creatures, a lovely play centre in Balwyn
|fairy Sosi shopping; still getting used to seeing her girly, she's going through a dressy phase...|
- went to Hays Paddock in Kew
- had Nana and Pa visiting for Sunday lunch
- went to Nanny Ange's to meet her new beau
All this interspersed with the usual time in the garden and various activities at home. Including failed attempts to do orderly Montessori activities: I've learnt you can't do them with both a 3yo and a 17 month old, will have to wait for the 17mo to be asleep next time...
Was supposed to go to playgroup on Thursday but we ended up getting ourselves sorted sooo late we missed out. Must go next week: I really miss meeting with other Natural Parents (here's a link to the NPM playgroups, we've met so many lovely people in the 2 years we've been members).
Now, better start planning the next fortnight :)